Kukah said the government should negotiate with looters of the nation’s treasury in order to recover stolen funds.
The cleric made this known while speaking at the 29th and 30th Convocation lecture of the University of Jos on Friday.
Bishop Kukah explained that some countries had negotiated with corrupt officials to recover stolen funds and it worked for them, hence calling on Nigerian government to adopt the same tactic.
According to him “Fighting corruption as a whole is beyond just recovering stolen funds, although it is necessary to punish treasury looters and corrupt officials, to solve the whole problem would involve tackling it from the roots and that means the institutional framework.
“Investigate what they have stolen, then call them and negotiate how much of it can be recovered, while you put frameworks in place to holistically solve the problem.
“Corruption is not only a Nigerian thing. Former presidents of nations like America, France, Israel, South Africa, among others, have been removed due to corruption charges. Yet, their countries are working.”
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2021 For Graduates
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)