Lauretta Onochie, media aide to President Muhammadu Buhari has reacted to the warning by the founder and General Overseer of the Living Faith Church, also known as Winners Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo, against the application of the Company and Allied Matters Acts (CAMA) in churches.
Oyedepo on Sunday warned that the church is directly connected to God and therefore does not operate under the rules of men.
Under the new CAMA law signed on August 7 by President Buhari, religious bodies (churches and mosques) as well as charity organisations, will be strictly regulated by the Registrar-General of Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and a supervising minister.
According to Oyedepo, such laws were borne of out of the jealousy of “wicked leaders” about the prosperity recorded by the church.
Reacting, Onochie on her Twitter page, declared that Oyedepo will have to live by the laws in Nigeria or manufacture his own country.
Her tweet read: “Hope this is not true. If it is, Oyedepo will have to manufacture his own country and live by his own laws.
“As long as he lives and operates within the entity called Nigeria, he will live by Nigerian rules and laws.
“He will do as he’s told by the law. Enough of lawlessness.”
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open