Nigeria Football Federation chairman, Amaju Pinnick, has been reportedly removed as vice president of CAF.
The action was taken at CAF’s exco committee meeting taking place after the conclusion of Thursday’s congress, according to BBC’s Osasu Obayiuwana, who did not detail the reason in his twitter post.
Constant Omari is now CAF’s first vice president, while Morocco’s Fouzi Lekjaa is the second vice and South Africa’s Danny Jordaan the third.
CAF exco has been faced with fraud allegations in recent time, with president Ahmad Ahmad arrested and detained for hours in France.
The 46-year-old had replaced Kwesi Nyantakyi, who resigned from the post last year amid corruption scandal that rocked the Ghana Football Association, GFA.
“Breaking: @PinnickAmaju has been removed as @CAF_Online 1st Vice-President,” SportingLife quoted a source, Osasu Obayiuwana, who attended the congress in Cairo as saying.
“The action was taken at CAF’s ongoing exco committee meeting, taking place after the conclusion of Thursday’s congress. Details to follow. Soon.
ALSO READ: Update: Super Eagles call off their strike in Egypt over unpaid allowances
“This decision is immediately applicable, in accordance with article 27 para. 2 of the statutes which will be ratified by the Executive Committee in its session scheduled on the 27 and 28 of September 2018.”
This is coming after Pinnick on Wednesday night allegedly snubbed Gernot Rohr in a video seen by DAILY POST during the medal presentation for winners of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, third-place bronze.
As the German tactician walked towards the podium, the NFF chief did not shake hands with the coach like the other dignitaries but simply looked away and walked past the coach
Pinnick is also facing court case over fraud allegation in his home town in Nigeria, where he has refused to show up in court.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
- RECOMMENDED LINKS
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]