Reports has uncovered those sponsoring the dreaded terrorist oganisation, ‘Boko Haram’ in Nigeria.
Vanguardngr reports as proven that Boko Haram is allegedly being funded by Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
The statement by Nicephore Soglo, former president of Benin Republic, at the constitutional term limits summit, covered by TheCable, in Naimey, Niger Republic, revealed that friends from Qatar and Saudi Arabia are the ones sponsoring Boko Haram.
Soglo said, “Boko Haram is funded by our friends from Saudi Arabia and our friends from Qatar. Are we friends or not? Let’s tell ourselves the truth. We have to stand together. “I’m optimistic we are going to win if we stand together.”
The terrorist organization started in 2009. The 2009 Boko Haram uprising was a conflict between Boko Haram, a militant Islamist group, and Nigerian security forces. Violence across several states in northeastern Nigeria resulted in more than 1,000 dead, with around 700 killed in the city of Maiduguri alone.
The group has killed thousands of Nigerians in Bauchi State, Maiduguri, Borno State, Potiskum, Yobe State, Wudil, Kano State and other states in the country.
They are derailing and destabilizing the peace of the country and has made Nigerian government to spend millions of dollars in equipping her soldiers to combat the organization.
However, countries like United states of America, Togo, Benin Republic and others have formed alliance with the Nigerian government in the fight against terrorism, which undoubtedly is bedeviling the growth and development of the country.
A statement by Donald Trump, US president, led credence to the above statement. “Nigeria is among our strongest partners in Africa. We share common goals of expanding trade and growing our economic relationship.
We are allies in the global battle against terrorism, and we want to see Boko Haram and ISIS-West Africa (ISWAP) driven out of the region and other insurgencies like them dismantled”, Trump said in a congratulating statement to Nigeria @59.
Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari’s major campaign promise, was to fight terrorism to its barest minimum.
Buhari had in 2018 ordered immediate procurement of critical equipments for the armed forces in line with the Federal Government policy of purchasing such items from the original manufacturers on government-to- government basis.
The president also directed the enhancement of the welfare of troops, particularly those serving in operational areas within the country.
A promise he is trying to maintain, inspite distractions from other sectors
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august