Chukwuemeka Eze, a senior member of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has accused Festus Keyamo (SAN) and others of attempting to resurrect the sacked Adams Oshiomhole-led National Working Committee (NWC).
ALSO READ: Former President IBB Rules Out Atiku, Tinubu From 2023, Reveals The Next President Of Nigeria
Following the Supreme Court’s ruling in the Ondo governorship election, various perspectives and interpretations emerged.
Festus Keyamo (SAN), Minister of State for Labour and Employment, has called on Governor Mai Mala Buni, Chairman of the APC’s Caretaker Committee, to resign immediately.
He had argued that the Supreme Court’s decision was ambiguous and nuanced, and he had warned the party to call off the planned congresses, disband the Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee, and form a new one.
The ruling party, on the other hand, ignored his objections and went ahead with its national convention.
In a statement to the media, Eze, who is a close ally of Minister of Transportation Rotimi Amaechi, said that plots to resurrect the Oshiomhole-led NWC were doomed from the start.
To draw public attention to the reality of the issue, the APC chieftain said it was necessary to correct the much-speculated self-opinion of Keyamo and his co-travellers.
He slammed and chastised the party leaders for holding such views and kicking in a way that lacked restraint and careful discernment, according to him.
The APC chieftain pointed out that the section of the Constitution cited by Keyamo and others does not contradict Buni’s position as Chairman of the party’s ad-hoc committee.
This is because the nature of Buni’s position does not fall into the referred category, and “thus, is an implied fundamental exception to whatever meaning and interpretation that could be ascribed thereto,” he explained.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates