Business Man Arrested For Stealing And Selling 2 Million Face Masks
A Business man has been arrested by police after he stole up to 2 million face masks from a medical supplies company that had gone into liquidation .
The business man sold the masks to his contacts in Portugal after keeping stock at a locked warehouse on an industrial estate in the Galician cathedral city of Santiago de Compostela, Spain according to reports emanating from Spain.
Police investigators say the man didn’t only steal masks but also stole other protective equipment including surgical gloves .
The Spanish government had to buy face masks from China in an emergency purchase as it was left without enough masks when people became infected with coronavirus and hundreds of people began to die every day in Spain.
According to investigators the theft is said to have occurred at the end of February.
Alfonso Rueda, vice-president of the regional Xunta de Galicia regional government, visited the theft site on Monday and said only around 100 out of the two million face masks stored there had been left untouched.
He said: ‘The police received a tip-off that there could have been valuable health equipment here which would have been so necessary in the fight against Covid-19. ‘It had been cleaned out by the time they arrived. We calculate two million face masks have been stolen. Only the boxes are left.
‘There are also empty boxes which contained surgical gloves but we don’t know at this stage exactly how many are missing.’
He added: ‘The police investigation has led to the identification and arrest of the main suspect, a person from Santiago who has already appeared in court.’
The suspect, a director at a well-known local real estate firm has been arrested.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State