Report had it that the Comptroller-General of Customs, Col. Hameed Ali (retd.), said " the change agenda of President Muhammadu Buhari's administration has been derailed by cabals and it had not kept to its promises.
Ali said this at the unveiling of an ultra-modern Buhari Support Organisation office complex in Jabi, Abuja, on Friday.
The BSO is the umbrella body of all pro-Buhari support groups that articulated and coordinated the President's 2015 presidential campaigns.
The customs boss said the challenge ahead of 2019 elections was bigger than that of 2015.
He said the event was designed to rekindle "what we started in 2015 and what we used as a vehicle to fight in the trenches, out of the trenches, along routes and in so many different terrains to see to the success of vision and mission."
Ali recalled that in the pursuit of the vision, so many lost their jobs and businesses in a bid to bring the change required for a better Nigeria. He noted that some started the journey (with Buhari) in 2003, others in 2007, 2011 and others joined in 2015.
He, however, expressed regret that halfway through after capturing power, the core values of the change mantra are being lost.
The customs boss said, "Let me say here without fear of being contradicted that I think halfway through the journey, we are losing our core values. We are losing our vision and mission and I think that the idea of our being here today is to look critically at what we need to do to get back on track.
"There is no doubt that we have derailed because we are not doing what we say we want to do. Why is it so? We need to find an answer to that. If we do find an answer; then, what should we do to get us all back on track? We owe this great nation and the 180 million Nigerians the duty to give good governance.
"Good governance is what they voted for and good governance is what they expect to get and they deserve that. We, therefore, as BSO, have a great task ahead of us. My dear comrades, the battle and the job start now.
"We have won one battle by taking over power. But what we make of this power is essential to us and to humanity. Therefore, I want to take this opportunity to tell my colleagues here that we have to change the narrative. When we were out there working and jumping on the streets and reaching every corner, we were shouting change, change for a better Nigeria.
"Now, the keyword is good governance for Nigerians. We must agree that we cannot finish our four years without delivering and leaving something to be remembered for in this country for a long time to come. We have no problem with our President because he is on course."
He re-echoed sentiments earlier expressed by the Wife of the President, Aisha Buhari, that, "We have been infused by people who were not part of this journey and these people are the ones that call the shots today. That is why we are derailing."
Ali said "We are the ones that will be asked to account for what happened. Are we willing to face Nigerians and tell them that we have failed? I think this is the time for us to come together, create a system that is very robust enough to fight back and take back government in our hands and ensure that we deliver.
"I will, therefore, ask my colleagues of the BSO to go back to the study room. This is a commission, but it is also the beginning of the fight for good governance. We must get back to the trenches, draw our own battle plan and battle line. I enjoin you to have the same commitment we had in 2015; I implore you to bear with us and commit yourself to a better future for Nigeria.
"We will be calling on you from now on and we will be working day and night. We must do so because we want to save our name at the end of the day and the name of the President for what he is doing."
Ali was addressing a gathering of most of the President's most visible supporters including the Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, his counterparts from Bauchi and Plateau states, Mohammed Abubakar and Simon Lalong respectively.
PDP controls 50 per cent of our government
Ali explained that there was the need to ensure that those who fight in a battle are those who should first enjoy the "loot" if a system must change.
He said, "In the course of the jihad of the Prophet Mohammad, anytime they went out for a battle, they came back with loot, but this loot, as far as my own research told me, was not distributed to everybody, but to those who took the sword and faced the enemies.
"Today, with all sense of responsibility, I want to say that we have 50 per cent of (defectors from the) PDP in our government. How can we move forward with this load? How can we achieve our target with this load? It is a spoilt system and so when you come in, you shake off everybody and bring in your own. That is what democracy is all about.
"Today, we have members of the PDP calling the shots. That is what we will begin to fight for; we will fight for our rightful position, our vision and our mission for this government. It is essential because we are a political organisation."
Source News range
Help to Share This Article to Your Friends
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- Latest Job Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Breaking : Dino Melaye sacked as Kogi west senator by Tribunal
- Former INEC boss, Iwu Narrates when his ordeal with EFCC started
- 2 Men arraigned for alleged assault, phone theft
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) Latest Recruitment 2019
- Mass Recruitment at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), 21st August 2019
- A Reputable Construction Company in Northern Nigeria : Ongoing recruitment ( 5 states )
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 11
- ABUJA FCT 38
- Adamawa State 18
- Akwa Ibom State 14
- Anambra State 12
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 9
- Bayelsa State 11
- Benue State 10
- Borno State 18
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 9
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 13
- Delta State 12
- Ebonyi State 12
- Edo State 16
- Ekiti State 11
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 229
- Enugu State 9
- Featured 14
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 2
- Full time jobs 1071
- Gombe State 11
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 9
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 8
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1557
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 127
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 94
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 137
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 293
- Jos 7
- Kaduna State 15
- Kano State 11
- Katsina State 9
- Kebbi State 10
- Kogi State 11
- Kwara State 13
- Lagos State 167
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 8
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1157
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 17
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 12
- Osun State 10
- Oyo State 15
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 7
- Rivers State 28
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 9
- Taraba State 10
- Yobe State 9
- Zamfara State 9