On social media, President Muhammadu Buhari’s visit to Owerri, the capital of Imo State, has sparked debate.
The president was dressed in a cream-colored ‘Isi-agu’ top and matching pants, as is customary for the Igbo people.
Hope Uzodinma, the governor of Imo State, was dressed similarly to the president when he arrived at Owerri’s Sam Mbakwe Airport.
The president’s pants, on the other hand, became the focus of attention, with some Nigerians criticising the tailor who made the dress.
The bottom hem of the trouser was high above the president’s ankle in photos from the outing, indicating that the pants were short..
Read Also :Nigeria 5G : What is 5G Network All About
Reacting, a former aide to ex-president Goodluck Jonathan, Reno Omokri, mockingly asked why the president agreed to wear the clothes.
“Look at the trouser you are wearing. Whoever gave you this trouser to wear is a coward. That person does not like you. But, unlike the average Igbo man in the Southeast, the person does not have the guts to say it to your face. Hence, he or she chose to show it to you by giving you trousers that no person would voluntarily choose to wear.
“Was it Kyari the tailor that sewed this trouser for you? Even you, how would someone present this trouser to you and you agree to wear it? Where is your judgment? Trouser that looks like what you did to the Nigerian economy? Even prisoners wear better trousers than this. Trouser that looks like what a plumber sewed. Honestly, Buhari you could have done better!” Omokri wrote in an Instagram post.
Below are other reactions on Twitter:
@pius_ib: “The tailor who made Buhari’s trouser should be invited by DSS for questioning, the photographer also. Our president deserves better.”
@Sports_Doctor2: “The tailor that sewed that trouser for Buhari deserves to be prosecuted….The trouser was scared of touching the ground.”
@Macain15: “Even the Igbo soil rejected the trouser.
@obynonwachineke: “The tailor that sew Buhari’s trouser and isi agụ can never make heaven. In fact DSS should arrest him or her for this show of shame meted out to the president…”
@OfficialArole: “In other news, same Nigerian President Buhari trouser look exactly like what he has done to the Nigerian Economy. I think the trouser is from KYARI THE TAILOR.”
@chimaob00814755: “…indeed the country is collapsing, with the condition of this trouser and shoes you will understand that there is a big problem, @NigeriaGov is there no iron in Aso Rock?”
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited