Buhari Orders Immediate Reopening of SEME, 3 Others Land Borders
President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the fast opening of 4 land borders.
The borders are Seme within the southwest, Illela in Sokoto State, Maigatari within the northwest, and Mfun within the south-south.
The announcement was made by the Minister of Finance on the end of the twenty eighth digital FEC assembly on Wednesday.
The President additionally directed different land borders to be opened by December 31, 2020.
Buhari had on December 8, 2020, revealed plans to reopen its land borders.
READ ALSO: Nigeria Plans To Reopen Land Borders As Soon As Possible, Says Buhari
He defined that the closure of the nation’s land borders was half of the efforts by the federal government to regulate the smuggling of weapons and medicines into the nation.
President Buhari acknowledged this at a security assembly with members of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) on the Presidential Villa in Abuja.
(3) he was quoted as saying in a statement by Garba Shehu, his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity.
The President requested the thirty-six state governors to work extra with conventional rulers and group members to enhance native intelligence gathering that may help the work of security businesses
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers