Buhari has made a fresh appointment and sent 11 names for approval.
President Muhammadu Buhari has written to the Senate requesting confirmation of four commissioners for the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission.
In addition to the NERC commissioners, the president requested confirmation of the appointments of Executive Directors of the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority and the Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation.
Ahmad Lawan, the Senate President, read the three letters from Buhari in plenary on Wednesday.
Dr. Yusuf Ali (North-Central), Engr. Chidi Ike (South-East), Mr. Nathan Shetty (North-East), and Mr. Dafe Apeneye (South-South) have been nominated to be appointed as NERC commissioners.
The President also asked the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority to confirm Francis Alabi Ogali, Dr. Mustapha Lawade, Monsuru Kulia, Bashiru Sadiq, and Dr. Zainab Gobir as executive directors.
Mrs. Emili Chidinma Osuji’s name was also included in a separate letter to the Senate for confirmation as the NDIC’s Executive Director.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022