It has been scheduled that the trial of Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, or IPOB, will proceed on July 26th, 2021.
Ifeanyi Ejiofor, the principal counsel for the imprisoned IPOB leader, revealed the verdict reached by a Federal High Court in Abuja, Nigeria.
A tweet from Ejiofor with the subject line “Update on F.R.N against Mazi Nnamdi Kanu” confirmed the news.
“We have just received confirmation from the Federal High Court Abuja, that the Hearing on Our Client’s case above referred will still take place on Monday next week, the 26th day of July 2021, as previously scheduled,” he wrote on Twitter.
ALSO READ: Niger Delta Militants ready to strike, Send Powerful Message To President Buhari Over PIB
« Keep Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and the entire Legal team in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you all, and may you continue to be blessed. @ EjioforBar” is a slang term for “at EjioforBar.”
Kanu was apprehended again a few weeks ago in an African country that was initially thought to be Kenya.
Following his re-arrest, Kanu was sent to Nigeria, where he will continue to stand prosecution.
The IPOB leader is currently on trial before Justice Binta Nyako-led Abuja Federal High Court on treason-related charges, according to court documents.
The IPOB leader, on the other hand, was hauled before Justice Nyako following his return to Nigeria, where he was detained in the custody of the Department of State Services, DSS, while his case was adjourned.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization