- Buhari Govt Rejects Amnesty’s Report on Lekki Shootings.
- The prisons in Benin and Oko had been broken open before Lekki shooting
- Orile police station had been burnt before Lekki shooting
Ejes Gist Media reports that the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, has rejected the report by Amnesty International on the Lekki shootings.
HOT : Woman Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks Up To Counter Claims That No One Died (Video)
Femi, Buhari’s most senior spokesman, said on Thursday that Amnesty could not have more facts about the country than the Presidency which has a ‘helicopter view’ of things happening in the country.
Reacting on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily programme, Femi said the looting and rioting were not caused by the military shootings because there was already violence before the Lekki incident.
He said, “You are not quite correct. You are falling for the narrative of Amnesty International. And Amnesty is wrong. Anarchy had broken loose before even Lekki. The prisons in Benin and Oko had been broken open before Lekki. Orile police station had been burnt before Lekki.
“Many policemen had been burnt before Lekki. So, you cannot say it was Lekki that precipitated all those things. Look at the timelines, look at when all those things. You will discover that it had happened before Lekki. So, you are falling for the gambit of Amnesty International.
“Amnesty International does not have all the facts, they don’t run this country, they shouldn’t know beyond what they have been told. They shouldn’t know more than you and I should know as media people as watchers of developments.”
When asked if it was the President’s thinking that Amnesty’s report was wrong, Adesina said the global watchdog had been known to always make unsubstantiated reports about Nigeria.
“Many times, the military has come out to dispute facts brought out by Amnesty,” he said.
When probed further as to whether the President approved the military action in Lekki as the commander-in-chief, Adesina said he would not want to undermine the work of the panel of inquiry looking into the matter.
# Buhari Govt Rejects Amnesty’s Report on Lekki Shootings.
Credit : Punch News
Pay Attention To:
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021