Buhari Govt Places Yoruba Activist on Stop-list, As Sunday Igboho Planning to Escape.
Sunday Igboho, a prominent Yoruba activist, is attempting to flee Nigeria and is currently obtaining a new passport, according to the Nigerian government.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 ALSO READ : Massive killings Ongoing in Kaduna —Southern Kaduna leaders Cry Out ( See Full Details )
- 0.2 ALSO READ : 2023 Election : Democracy Is About Number, North Must Produce Buhari’s Successor – Arewa Youths Insist
- 0.3 ALSO READ : Omo-Agege Says , “Senate Is Not Against Electronic Transmission Of Result”
- 0.4 ALSO READ : BREAKING: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Amotekun Leader, Shoot Residents In A Fresh Igangan Attack
- 1 Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
ALSO READ : Massive killings Ongoing in Kaduna —Southern Kaduna leaders Cry Out ( See Full Details )
The government also stated that the activist has been placed on a stop-list for the time being to expedite his apprehension.
The government has ordered security services to apprehend Igboho wherever he is found, according to the administration.
ALSO READ : 2023 Election : Democracy Is About Number, North Must Produce Buhari’s Successor – Arewa Youths Insist
The Nigeria Immigration Service wrote to the Director-General, Department of State Services, DSS, the Inspector General of Police, and the Director-General, National Intelligence Agency, NIA, on July 9, 2021.
The DSS proclaimed Igboho wanted, accusing him of stockpiling weapons to destabilise the country, which he has denied, but his whereabouts are unknown.
Since officers of the DSS and other security agencies invaded his home, killing some of his aides and abducting his wife and other family members, Igboho’s whereabouts have remained unknown.
The NIS letter, titled “Stop-listing of person: Adeyemo Sunday Adeniyi (aka Sunday Igboho), male, Nigerian, passport number A11613637, date of birth 10/10/1972,” was signed on behalf of the Comptroller General by Assistant Comptroller General of Immigration, Investigation, and Compliance, A.B. Baba, and copied to all zonal controllers and control posts nationwide.
ALSO READ : BREAKING: Suspected Herdsmen Kill Amotekun Leader, Shoot Residents In A Fresh Igangan Attack
“I’m writing to request that you put the above-mentioned person on a no-fly list. According to credible intelligence, Adeyemo is attempting to obtain a police extract and/or a court affidavit to obtain a new Nigerian passport, ostensibly to assist his exit from the country,” it adds.
“In addition, he should be apprehended wherever and whenever he is seen and reported to the Director-General, Department of State Services, according to letter no. S.605/A/246 dated July 5, 2021.”
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst