President Muhammadu Buhari led federal government has banned the unauthorised acquisition of firearms, drones and broadcast equipment.
Monguno stressed that the abuse of social media platforms in addition to the illicit acquisition of controlled items by none state actors have become the major source of insecurity in the country.
He cited the recent violence in Benue, Plateau, Zamfara and Kaduna States as a worrying case of insecurity across the country fuelled by abuse of social media platforms through fake news, hate speech and incitement as well as illegal possession of controlled items.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2022
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment For Graduates
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Oando Plc Recruitment 2022 For Graduates Apply now
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022