Federal Government set to Lift Ban on Twitter.
The Federal Government has promised to restore Twitter services in Nigeria a hundred days after the social media giant was banned in the country.
Lai Mohammed, the Minister of Information and Culture, revealed this to State House reporters after the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting in Abuja on Wednesday.
He stated that the Nigerian government is working diligently to restore Twitter’s operations.
“To be honest, we’ve come a long way. I won’t go into detail, but we’ve come a long way,” the minister said.
“To tell you the truth, it’ll be very soon. Simply take my word for it. Even Twitter provided an update on our discussions with them.
“They said it was quite productive and respectful if I quote them correctly. When it comes to how soon is soon, we’re only talking about a few more days if the operation has been successful for a hundred days.
“I can assure Nigerians that we are aware of their concerns, and both parties are working diligently to bring the matter to a conclusion.”
According to Lai Mohammed, the government is working diligently to restore Twitter’s operations with 100 days.
“I can tell you that Twitter will restore less than the time it has been on suspension”.
The Commonwealth is closely monitoring repression in Nigeria and ban on Twitter.
Nigeria shut down Twitter on June 4 after the social media giant removed a tweet from President Muhammadu Buhari due to a “violation of the company’s abusive behaviour policy.”
Telecommunications companies were suspended the next day.
North Korea, China, and Iran are among the countries that have suspended their use of social media platforms.
Despite this, many people in the country have devised ways to circumvent the ban, including the use of virtual private networks (VPNs) (VPNs).
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited