Dr. Oyebode Oyetunde has been named as the Executive Director for Nigeria at the African Development Bank (AfDB) in Abidjan, Cote D’Ivoire, by President Muhammadu Buhari.
The President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, declared this in an Abuja statement on Tuesday.
Prior to his promotion, Oyetunde worked in the Office of the Chief of Staff to the President as a Senior Special Assistant to the President on Finance and Fiscal Policy, as well as Legal Matters.
He was also the Minister of Finance, Budget, and National Planning’s Special Adviser (Fiscal Policy).
He is a Chartered Accountant and a Fiscal Policy Tax Specialist with 24 years of experience in investment banking, according to the release.
”Oyetunde, a fiscal/development specialist, holds a Ph.D. from Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London, as well as a Masters of Law and Accounting from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
”He is a licensed lawyer in Nigeria as well as England and Wales.
He is a member of the Nigerian Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAN) and the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CITN) (CITN).
”From 2008 to 2011, the Fiscal/Development specialist offered technical assistance in macroeconomic/fiscal strategy, taxes, and other aspects of public financial management to the Federal Ministry of Finance.
”He has a lot of experience working with development finance agencies at a high level.”
According to the presidential aide, Oyetunde will succeed Dr Bright Okogu, who will leave the bank on May 15, 2021 after serving as the bank’s Executive Director twice.
”The role of Executive Director in the AfDB is strategic because it enables Nigeria to be at the forefront when major policy decisions affecting the African region are made,” he added.
Dr. Zainab Ahmed, Minister of Finance, Budget, and National Planning, expressed her gratitude to President Obama for considering Oyetunde for the role.
“Dr. Oyetunde is one of the officials who worked tirelessly to complete the Federal Budgets and Finance Bills, among other things. He has the qualifications, experience, and pedigree to succeed in this position,” she said.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff