- Buhari has Appointed four new directors for CBN
On Tuesday, President Muhammadu Buhari urged the Senate to approve Justice Olukayode Ariwoola’s appointment as the nation of Nigeria’s actual Chief Justice (CJN).
President Muhammadu Buhari’s letter of request was read by Senate President Ahmad Lawan on resumption of plenary.
Justice Ariwoola assumed the position in an acting capacity on June 27 after Justice Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad resigned due to illness.
14 Justices of the Supreme Court had petitioned Justice Tanko Muhammad prior to his resignation, alleging poor welfare and outright mismanagement of the supreme court’s funds.
To ascertain whether or not the allegations in the petition are true, the Senate Committee on Judiciary, Human Rights, and Legal Matters is investigating the former Chief Justice of Nigeria.
Buhari also nominated four non-executive directors for the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
For appointment as Non-Executive Directors of the CBN, the Senate is anticipated to review and confirm the nominees.
Professors Mike Idihi Obadan (South South Zone), Odinakachukwu Oniabuko (South East), Jalingo Mohammed (North East), and Adeola Adetunji (South West) are among those nominated.
Nigerian Job [Apply Now]
- Access Bank Entry Level Recruitment & Internship Job Vacancies (4 Positions)
- FBN General Insurance Graduate Trainee Massive Recruitment
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- KDSG Teachers Recruitment of 10,000 Graduates : How to Apply, KDSG Jobs Login Portal, KDSG SUBEB News