President Muhammadu Buhari has reportedly ordered Ibrahim Idris, the Inspector-General of Police, not to invite Ademola Adeleke, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Osun State for questioning.
Ejesgist Media had reported that the Nigeria Police had summoned Adeleke for alleged examination malpractice and criminal conspiracy, just few days to the governorship election in Osun.
But a presidential source told reporters on Wednesday that Buhari had ordered the IGP not to go ahead with the invitation.
Channels reports that Buhari ordered that Adeleke should not be invited until after Saturday’s election.
Force Spokesman, Jimoh Moshood had in a statement Wednesday said Adeleke and Sikiru, his brother, sat for the National Examination Council Examination (NECO) as internal candidates in 2017, “impersonating” students of OJO/Aro Community Grammar School in Osun state.
Moshood said the alleged crime was facilitated by the principal of the school, and two other members of staff of the school for which they are under investigation and being charged to court.
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE