The British Council is the UK’s worldwide organisation for cultural relations and academic alternatives. We create pleasant data and understanding between the people of the UK and different international locations. We do that by making a constructive contribution to the UK and the international locations we work with – altering lives by creating alternatives, constructing connections and engendering belief.
We work with over 100 international locations internationally within the fields of arts and tradition, English language, schooling and civil society. Each year we attain over 20 million people face-to-face and greater than 500 million people on-line, through broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we’re a UK charity ruled by Royal Charter and a UK public physique.
We are recruiting to fill the place beneath:
Job Title: Social Media Intern
Location: Nigeria and West Africa
Employment Type: Contract
This Call is to establish a person that can be contracted as Arts and Social Media Intern, Nigeria and West Africa. The internship can be for 6 months and help the British Council West Africa Arts staff to ship programmes consistent with nation, regional and company priorities.
British Council is a chief in schooling, arts and social points around the globe and focuses lots of its actions on offering entry to improved providers, amenities and alternatives in these areas throughout the globe. British Council Sub-Saharan Africa Arts technique focuses on supporting our regional imaginative and prescient by means of working to develop stronger artistic sectors in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) which might be higher related to the UK. This work permits the UK to listen to clearly, the voices of younger Africans.
We work by means of our companions within the artistic sectors of the UK and SSA to stimulate new ways of connecting with and understanding one another by means of the Arts.
The technique delivers programmes in thematic strands which embody Creative Enterprise (supporting livelihoods within the artistic industries) and Connecting (connecting artists and different cultural professionals usually to make new work and present to new audiences).
Approach and Activities
The chosen intern can be contracted for a most of 6 months to supply the providers and deliverables as articulated initially of the consultancy with affordable talent, care and talent in accordance with the requirements set by British Council in any contractual settlement related to these Terms of Reference.
The method for supply can be working 5 days per week, remotely and once in a while on the British Council workplace in Lagos as security precautions allow.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general steerage of the Arts Management, the intern will help with Administrative duties, social media administration and content material technology for our Arts programme with duties together with (however not restricted to):
- Support with administrative comms and requests for data
- Uploading posts and answering primary enquiries on social media
- Creation and modifying of artistic photographs and animation content material
- Assist Email administration and optimization.
- Work with Digital supervisor for the planning and promotion of content material
- Supporting marketing campaign administration and optimisation throughout a number of channels
- Any different activity as fairly requested by the Digital Manager or a senior member of the Arts staff.
Learning and growth alternatives for the intern:
- General understanding of the work and mission of the British Council and the way it contributes to the event of the Nigerian Creative Economy
- Insight and hands-on expertise in planning and implementing digital campaigns for artwork and cultural organisation
- Gaining helpful workplace expertise and the chance to contribute to advertising and marketing campaigns
Profile of Intern
The best candidate should:
- Have an curiosity within the Arts, digital media and social media advertising and marketing.
- Be a current graduate (graduated inside the final 2 years) with glorious organisational abilities and the power to multitask.
- Be pc literate with a excessive degree of proficiency in the usage of MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have sturdy written and oral communication abilities in English;
- Experience with social media, video and graphic design instruments.
- Experience with creating content material for the online reminiscent of running a blog or video running a blog could be an added benefit.
Management and Support for the position:
- The intern will report back to the Digital Manager primarily based in Lagos. S/he can be anticipated to work carefully with different members of the Arts staff and key inside stakeholders such because the West Africa Arts Programme Manager.
N75,000 Naira month-to-month
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in a single PDF attachment to: Arts.Nigeria@britishcouncil.org utilizing the Job Title as the topic of the mail.
- This is a short-term intern place; intern roles usually are not a prelude to long run employment with the organisation. If alternatives for additional paid employment come up, these can be marketed and interns who apply can be thought of towards the identical standards as different candidates.
- Only shortlisted entries can be contacted by Friday 16 April 2021 to maneuver on to the subsequent stage.
Application Deadline eleventh April, 2021.
Some of the Top Questions people used to seek out this Job Vacancies are kindly said down. See the queries beneath:
Latest Jobs Vacancies in Nigeria Today, CURRENT NGO JOBS IN NIGERIA for Graduates √ Ngo Jobs Hiring Now , NGOs that Pay Well in Nigeria, Hotnigerianjobs, Jobzilla Nigeria, Myjobmag Nigeria, Naija Hot Jobs Vacancies, Jobs in Nigeria , Hot Nigerian Jobs – in Nigeria.
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executives
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at West Africa Container Terminal
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Employment Opportunities at Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Deutsche Partners Holdings
- Ongoing Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Marriott International