In Zamfara, the Speaker’s house and others were set on fire.
READ ALSO : UAE Releases Names Of Nigerians, Organizations Sponsoring Boko Haram Terrorists, Bandits [FULL LIST]
The incident was confirmed by Alhaji Abdullahi Shinkafi, Chairman of the Committee on Security and Prosecution of Bandits in Zamfara State.
The bandits, he claims, stormed the community and set fire to several homes, including the house of the State speaker.
He bemoaned the fact that this is the result of the military’s ongoing assault in Zurmi.
The government will provide support for victims and deploy more security operatives to protect the people, according to the committee’s chairman, who was in the affected community to assess the security situation.
He did not say whether any lives were lost during the bandits’ invasion, but he did say that two of the bandits’ food, gasoline, and other commodities suppliers had been apprehended.
According to him, “the suspects used boats to transport the products from Sokoto to the bandits in Shinkafi Local Government Area of Zamfara State through Issa Local Council.”
The two food and petrol suppliers, according to the Chairman, have been handed over to the police for further investigation and prosecution.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021