Abba Alhaji Kyari, a Deputy Commissioner of Police, has been accused of accepting a bribe from Ramon Abbas, also known as Hushpuppi, an embattled social media celebrity.
Judge Otis Wright of the United States District Court for the Central District of California ordered the FBI to extradite Mr Kyari to the United States for his alleged role in a multi-million dollar fraud.
According to court documents, Kyari and Abbas were both involved in a money-laundering scheme. According to reports, Kyari was charged with accepting bribes from Hushpuppi in exchange for the arrest of a member of his fraud syndicate in Nigeria.
Prosecutors requested a court warrant to arrest Mr Kyari on February 12, 2021, and another warrant on April 29, 2021, according to Peoples Gazzette.
On July 26, Judge Wright’s order allowing the FBI to arrest Mr Kyari and hold him in US custody was made public.
Kyari was allegedly bribed to arrest one Kelly Chibuzor Vincent, 40, in Nigeria, who created bogus documents and arranged for the creation of a fake bank website and phone number, according to court documents released by the US Department of Justice on Wednesday titled: ‘Six Indicted in International Scheme to Defraud Qatari School Founder and Then Launder Over $1 Million in Illicit Proceeds.’
After a disagreement with Hushpuppi and other members of the syndicate, Vincent allegedly contacted the businessman to expose the fraud. Hushpuppi was enraged by his actions and had ordered Kyari to arrest and imprison him in Nigeria.
After arresting and incarcerating Vincent, Kyari allegedly sent photos as proof to Hushpuppi, who allegedly sent the police officer money via a provided bank account number.
Thanks for reading US court orders FBI to arrest Abba Kyari …
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria