Unknown Gunmen Shot Dead Delta Councillorship Candidate
Ejes Gist Nigeria can reports that a councillorship candidate in the forthcoming Local Government Council elections in Delta State, Hon. Ofa Eliot has been shot dead.
Eliot, who clinched the PDP council ticket for Ward 8, was murdered on his way back from Asaba on Monday while returning from the DSIEC screening exercise for candidates representing various political parties in the March 6 elections, although the details surrounding the incident were still sketchy at the time of filing this article.
Eliot, a young and vibrant politician in the state, was the former environmental supervisor for Ethiope West LGA and manager of Oghara Hotels until his death.
According to reports, Eliot was with two other council candidates during the attack, who went for the same exercise, claiming the shooting was carried out by herdsmen who shot sporadically.
The other two council candidates were abducted while Eliot died on the spot.
It was gathered that one of the victim, Hon Allen of Ward 11, fled.
Eliot, Dr Henry Ofa’s younger brother, a PDP leader in the state, will be greatly missed, as some have already labelled his death as ‘BLACK MONDAY IN OGHARA.’
When contacted, DSP Onome Onovwakpoyeya, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the state, said that she was not aware of the incident.
- FG Approves Recruitment Of 30,000 Graduates For NALDA Programme
- Wema Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- 2021 Management Trainee Recruitment at 3P Solutions & Company
- Graduate Job Recruitment at Haventis Drugs Limited
- First Bank Nigeria 2021 Massive Recruitment
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria ( January )
- Nigeria Police Force, NPF Microfinance Bank Plc Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 (28 Positions)
- Franchise Governance Officer at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Transaction Trainees Needed in a Reputable Bank in Nigeria
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to [email protected]