Unknown Gunmen have killed Police Officer, AIFL Secretary and Chairman nowhere to be found.
Godsent Eriobu, the Secretary of the Anambra Independent Football League (AIFL), was killed by armed persons in Eke-Agu Market in Abatete, Idemili North Local Government Area of the state, according to the league’s management.
ALSO READ : Facebook, Twitter : IPOB to Launch Biafra Social Media Platform – Simon Ekpa Biafra Leader
Rev. Obinna Dike, Chairman of the AIFL, verified the league secretary’s death and added that Philip Udala, Chairman of Udala FC, had not been seen or reached by phone since the incident on Tuesday.
Udala FC was a member of the AIFL amateur league before being promoted to the Nationwide League in 2016.
When the Chairman’s convoy ran into the gunmen who had purportedly attacked a police station earlier in the area, Eriobu, who also serves as the Manager of Udala FC, was in it.
ALSO READ : Nnamdi Kanu ’s Rearrest : Nigeria, Kenya didn’t violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights – IHRC Report
Eriobu was a valuable member of the management team, Dike stated the AIFL family was in grief.
According to sources, there were additional police officers slain in the convoy, and many vehicles were burned.
The event was confirmed by Tochukwu Ikenga, Anambra’s Police Public Relations Officer, but he could not provide specifics on the casualties.
The information is still vague, according to Ikenga, and he says he’ll get back to you once the investigation is complete, according to NAN.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out