Solomon Nidiamaka, a doctor at the General Hospital in Ugwolawo, Ofu LGA, Kogi State, has been kidnapped by unknown gunmen.
On Monday, about 8.30 a.m., the medical practitioner was kidnapped and forcibly removed from the hospital grounds by the kidnappers.
The incidence was reported to newsmen in Lokoja by Dr Omakoji Oyiguh, chairman of the Kogi chapter of the Nigeria Medical Association (NMA), and Dr Famotele Talorunju, secretary of the NMA.
“The state officers of the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) Kogi State, wishes to inform all concerned that our member, Dr Solomon Nidiamaka, who works at General Hospital Ugwolawo, Ofu Local Government Area, was kidnapped around 8:30 a.m. today, 19 July 2021, from the hospital premises by kidnappers,” the statement reads.
“We urge the Kogi State government and other security services to work tirelessly for his early and safe release.”
Mr. William Aya, a spokesman for the Kogi Police Command, said the command was unaware of the incident.
He promised to respond as soon as he received information from the Divisional Police Officer in Ofu LG, but as of the time of publishing this report, he has yet to do so.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment