Unknown gunmen presumed to be bandits abducted a traditional ruler, Mohammed Adembe, the Adogu of Eganyi, along the Okene-Eganyi Road in Ajaokuta Local Government Area of Kogi State.
The king was reportedly kidnapped while returning to his town from Okene, also in Kogi.
According to the allegation, the king slowed his car down at one of the road’s potholes, and gunmen appeared from a nearby bush and began shooting intermittently into the air, causing him to come to a halt.
DSP William Aya, a police spokesman in Kogi, confirmed the incident, saying Adembe was kidnapped at about 5:20 p.m. on the Okene-Eganyi Road.
He explained that the gunmen kidnapped the traditional monarch by taking advantage of potholes on the road.
ALSO READ : Facebook, Twitter : IPOB to Launch Biafra Social Media Platform – Simon Ekpa Biafra Leader
“His automobile slowed down at one of the road’s potholes; the shooters appeared from a nearby bush and began shooting intermittently into the air, causing him to come to a halt,” he added.
“As the gunmen marched only the traditional ruler into the jungle, the other occupants of the vehicle were spared,” Aya recounted.
He also added that police officers were already searching the surrounding region and the jungle for the victim so that he could be reunited with his family.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer