At least 13 police officers were killed when gunmen suspected of being bandits assaulted the Kurar Mota hamlet in Bungudu Local Government Area of Zamfara State.
According to the report, the assailants stormed a police station on Sunday and shot and killed cops on duty.
The armed men had previously attempted to enter Magami, a village located 50 kilometres south of Gusau, the state capital, but were repelled by the military, according to a resident named Kabir Dansada.
“They withdrew once the soldiers there overcame them. They then rode to a village along the Magami – Dankurmi – Dangulbi road, where they killed one individual and set fire to four businesses.”
“They then went to Kurar Mota and attacked the police formation at the township clinic,” says the report. After then, the criminals raced into the woods.”
“This afternoon, a caravan of police vehicles transported the slain and injured cops to Gusau. “I noticed several police vehicles approaching the area,” he said.
When contacted by Ejes Gist News, SP Muhammad Shehu, the state’s Police Public Relations Officer, said he would look into it and get back.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal