Breaking: Those Plotting Nigeria’s Destruction Will Have Shock Of Their Lives – Buhari  

0
Nigeria Breaks New Bad Record Under President Buhari

On Tuesday, issued a stern warning to those plotting to destabilise Nigeria, warning that they will soon face the shock of their lives.

President Buhari said the Federal Government has given the perpetrators enough time after receiving a briefing from Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof Mahmood Yakubu, on a series of attacks on INEC facilities across the country.

ALSO READ : Full List Of Prominent Nigerians Killed By Unknown Gunmen In May 2021

According to a statement released by the President’s spokesman, Femi Adesina, “I receive daily security reports on the attacks, and it is very clear that those behind them want this administration to fail.”

Massive Recruitment at the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) – APPLY NOW

“Nigeria’s insecurity is now being discussed all over the world. You have to wonder what all the people who want power, whoever they are, really want. Whoever wants to bring down the system will be in for a rude awakening soon. We’ve given them ample opportunity.”

ALSO READ : Breaking: NECO Registrar Godswill Obioma Was Not Shot Dead, See How He Died

“The majority of the people believed me, and the election proved it,” Buhari said, recalling that he visited all 36 states of the country before the 2019 general elections.

He promised to continue to lead the country in accordance with constitutional provisions, noting that those misbehaving in certain parts of the country were clearly too young to understand the hardships and deaths that accompanied the Nigerian Civil War.

“Those of us who spent 30 months in the fields and lived through the war will treat them in the language they understand,” he added. We’re going to be tough sooner rather than later.”

The Service Chiefs and the Inspector-General of Police have been replaced, according to the President, and “we will demand security from them.”

ALSO READ : Minister Survives Assassination attempt; Daughter And Driver Killed

In response to concerns that the burning of INEC facilities could jeopardise future elections, President Buhari said he would provide the electoral commission with everything it needed to function, “so that no one would say we don’t want to go, or that we want a third term.” There will be no room for error. We’ll comply with all INEC requirements.”

On his part, the INEC Chairman noted that so far, there have been 42 incidences of assault on INEC offices nationally, since the last General Election.

“The 42 occurrences that have occurred so far occurred in 14 states of the Federation for a variety of reasons,” he stated.

The majority of the attacks have occurred in the last seven months and are unrelated to past election protests.

“Based on the structure and frequency of previous attacks, it appears that they are aimed at future elections. The goal is to destabilise the Commission, damage the country’s democracy, and spark a national crisis.”

MORE POSTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.