Sporadic gunshots at Bayelsa House of Assembly have disrupted the plenary by the lawmakers.
Some hoodlums seized the disruption to invade premises of assembly complex.
Speaker of the House, Tonye Isenah, have therefore adjourned plenary indefinitely.
The violence follows an alleged attempt by a faction of the house to impeach the Speaker.
Isenah is expected to resign today following pressure mounted on him by some Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) leaders to quit his position ahead of the November 16th governorship election.
Hints about the Speaker’s resignation made the rounds on Friday, September 27th, with sources claiming that Mr Isenah made the decision as to absolve himself of any blames should the PDP by any chance fail in the forthcoming election.
More to follow…
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer