Nuhu Aliyu, a former Senator for Niger North, has died.
Aliyu died in Kaduna State on Wednesday after a brief illness.
In a statement, Alhaji Ahmad Ibrahim Matene, Secretary to the Niger State Government, described Aliyu as a great man of courage who is dedicated to Nigeria.
The Niger Government was informed of his death while the weekly State Executive Council Meeting was ongoing.
Governor Abubakar Sani- Bello called a halt to the meeting so that the state could send a delegation to Kaduna for the burial.
Matane said the state had lost a man of incalculable worth, and that his counsel would be greatly missed.
“The late Senator Nuhu Aliyu’s patriotic tendencies and excellent handling of legislative duties concerning the welfare of people and the nation are worthy of imitation.
“However, we must take comfort in the fact that we all come from God and will return to Him. Nobody will live longer than Almighty God has decreed,” the statement reads in part.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer