Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe has Joined the Governorship race
Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe of the Abia South Senatorial District has informed Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of his intention to run for governor in 2023.
It has been learned that he will run on the Peoples Democratic Party’s platform (PDP).
Rumours of Abaribe’s desire to succeed Ikpeazu have been circulating in the state for some time.
Abaribe has yet to declare his candidacy in the race.
It was revealed on Saturday morning during a meeting with the governor at the Abia Government House Lodge. Abaribe informed Ikpeazu, who hails from the same local government as the Senator.
According to reports, the Senate Minority Leader went on the trip with some Obingwa political figures.
When Abaribe told Ikpeazu the reason for their visit, he was taken aback, according to our source.
“When Senator Abaribe told him about his gubernatorial ambition, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu was thrown off balance because he had no idea why they wanted to seek an audience with him,” a source said.
“We learned that Senator Abaribe had just called him to say he wanted to see him (Ikpeazu).”
“The governor mistook it for a traditional Christmas homage.
“However, we discovered that some of the stakeholders who accompanied Abaribe were unaware of his mission.
“They, too, were taken aback when Abaribe informed the governor of his plans.”
Attempts to contact Abaribe or one of his aides to confirm the news were unsuccessful.
Abaribe is expected to announce his plan soon, according to reports.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Saroafrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (East, West & South)
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- Titan Trust Bank Recruitment 2021/2022 For Graduates
- SaroAfrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (North and Middle-Belt)
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- Massive Recruitment At Wema Bank Plc ( Apply Now )
- Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2021/2022 – NCS Application Form & Portal Registration
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022