Senate Orders Arrest of NDDC Management Over N2.6 billion Palliative Fraud
The upper chamber of the National Assembly has issued an arrest warrant for the management of the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC.
Senator Ayo Akinyelure, Chairman of the Senate Committee on Public Petition, Ethics and Privileges, issued the order after management failed to comply with the Senate panel’s invitation to account for the amount spent on the N2.6 billion palliative fund released by the Federal Government.
READ ALSO : Nigerian Lady cries out after people looked on as man she slapped for sexually harassing her, beat her up at Ajah Park in Lagos (video)
It was difficult for the Senate panel that started the inquiry into the suspected misappropriation of the N2.6 billion palliative fund to have the NDDC management interviewed.
At the behest of the NDDC palliative chairman, Mr. Jackrich Sobomabo, the petition insisted that the fund that was supposed to be disbursed under his control was diverted by the management of the NDDC.
Mr. Jackrich Sobomabo, speaking after the arrest warrant, regretted how he placed his commitment and energy into palliative management before the NDDC leadership allegedly misappropriated the funds.
I was named as palliative chairman, but when the Federal Government released the amount of N2.6 billion, the NDDC management spent the fund without my knowledge.
“It is sad that when the Senate Committee needed them to come and explain how the fund was spent, they were evasive.
I would be okay if they finally come around and explain satisfactorily, but they must seem to explain how the fund has been disbursed.
He expressed optimism that the Nigerian Senate would bring the perpetrators to book.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State