The Senate has approved new external loans for the federal government totaling $1.5 billion and €995 million.
During Wednesday’s plenary session, the senators approved the loans after considering the report of their committee on local and foreign debts.
READ ALSO : Update: Soldiers Ran Out Of Ammunition, One Missing As Bandits Break Into Military Camp, Set Vehicles On Fire
According to the Debt Management Office, Nigeria’s public debt reached N31.01 trillion at the end of June 2020, indicating that the country’s debt had increased by N18.89 trillion in five years under President Muhammadu Buhari.
The country’s debt profile was N12.12 billion at the end of June 2015, one month after Buhari took office.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health