On Sunday, President Muhammadu Buhari will leave Nigeria on an official visit to France.
The President will attend the African Finance Summit, which will focus on assessing the African economy in the aftermath of the Coronavirus outbreak and seeking relief, particularly from countries’ rising debt burdens.
President Emmanuel Macron will host the summit, which will bring together significant stakeholders from global financial institutions and certain heads of state to address external funding, debt management for Africa, and private sector reforms.
READ ALSO : Buhari’s Dementia Worsens, President Fumbles For Words, Goes Off-Key During Security Chiefs, EU Delegation Meetings
Buhari will meet with the French President to discuss growing security threats in the Sahel and Lake Chad region, political relations, economic ties, climate change, and partnership in bolstering the health sector, particularly in checking the spread of COVID-19 with more research and vaccination, according to a statement by the President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu.
“Prime Minister Buhari will meet with major participants in the oil and gas sector, engineering and telecommunications, the European Council and European Union Representative for Foreign and Security Policy and the Commission, as well as members of the Nigerian community in France, before returning to Nigeria.
He will be accompanied by Geoffrey Onyeama, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed, Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Otunba Adeniyi Adebayo, Minister of Trade and Investment, and Dr. Osagie Ehanire, Minister of Health.
Maj. Gen. Babagana Mohammed Monguno (rtd), the National Security Adviser, and Amb. Ahmed Rufai Abubakar, the Director General of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA), are also on the trip.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff