Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has urged the Senate to confirm five nominees for Commissioner positions at the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).
The President’s requests were contained in two separate letters, both of which were read aloud on the Senate floor by Senate President Ahmad Lawan during plenary.
Legit News: Many Dead as Explosion rocks rivers (photos)
As stated in one of the letters, President Buhari requested confirmation of his nominees for appointment to the ICPC in accordance with Section 3(6) of the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offence Act, 2000, which he said was in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
Nigeria News : Breaking: Popular Supreme Court Judge is Dead
Doctor Mojisola Yaya-Kolade of Ekiti (South-West); Mrs Anne Otelafu Odey of Cross River (South-South); Alh. Goni Ali Gujba of Yobe (North-East); Dr. Louis Solomon Mandama, Adamawa, and Senator Anthony O. Agbo of Ebonyi are among the nominees for appointment to the ICPC (South-East).
Meanwhile, in a separate development, Buhari has written to the Senate, requesting confirmation of the appointment of Engr. Mohammed Sanni Baba as Federal Commissioner for the Revenue Mobilization, Allocation, and Fiscal Commission, will represent the state of Bauchi.
It was by Section 154(1) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that the President requested to confirm the nominee, according to the President (as amended).
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager