Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State has revealed that the threat of declaring a state of emergency in the state was not the idea of President Muhammadu Buhari, as previously reported.
In an interview with State House Correspondents following a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, Obiano revealed the development.
Abubakar Malami, Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, he said, had been informed of the situation and had reported it to the President.
The Governor also described the threat as unfortunate, questioning why he had not considered the imposition of emergency rule in northern states during a period of widespread killings caused by banditry in the region.
“That’s a very unfortunate statement by the Attorney-General, Malami,” It’s a terrible shame, he said.
This is something I also reported to the President, and this is something that the President is not aware of because he is well aware that Anambra has been the safest state in Nigeria for the past seven years and more,” he said.
Read Also :How can you leave Borno and declare State of Emergency in Anambra? – You Want to Ignite War Omokri tackles Malami
He stated that he would contact the Attorney General to express his position on the suggestion, stating that, aside from the recent security crisis, Amambra had been the most peaceful state in the south-east of the country.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates