Popular Legendary Urhobo music maestro has been confirmed dead
Joseph Odjewhedje (aka Okpan Arhibo), the legendary Urhobo music maestro, has died.
The Konojuvwe crooner, who was born in Agbarho kingdom in Delta State’s Ughelli North council area, died on Tuesday.
He died at the age of 75 after a long battle with kidney disease.
He was diagnosed in October 2021 and required a transplant that would cost N20 million.
Read Also : NBA fires courts on hasty decision making
Funds were raised to help the musician, who was said to be undergoing treatment until his death was announced on Tuesday morning.
He worked as a driver for the Delta Steel Company (DSC) in Ovwian-Aladja before leaving to pursue a career as a traditional musician.
Okpan was a sensation in the 1970s until he succumbed to the illness.
Urhobo me jevwe, Zabu zabu, and other songs are among his other works.
That is all for now on Okpan Arhibo, Urhobo music maestro is dead
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Recruitment for Observers