Senator Omo-Agege was picked up by the police on Wednesday afternoon in Abuja, possibly in connection with the invasion of the Senate by hoodlums.
The hoodlums stormed the Upper Chamber of the National Assembly earlier in the day, disrupting ongoing proceedings and making away with the mace.
Condemning the incident, the Red Chamber accused Senator Omo-Agege of leading the hoodlums to plenary to seize its symbol of authority.
“This action is an act of treason, as it is an attempt to overthrow a branch of the Federal Government of Nigeria by force, and it must be treated as such.
“This action is also an affront on the legislature, and the Leadership of the House has come to express their support against this action,” the Senate said in a statement by its spokesperson, Senator Sabi Abdullahi.
The Senate, jointly with the House of Representatives, ordered the heads of the Nigeria Police and the Department of State Service (DSS) to recover the mace within 24 hours.
They asked the security agencies to move into action and immediately mobilise their personnel to retrieve the mace and apprehend the mastermind and the perpetrators of the act.
Apparently, in response to the directive, Senator Omo-Agege was carted away in a police vehicle from the premises of the National Assembly in the nation’s capital.
Source: channel Tv
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health