On Friday, members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the House of Representatives walked out during debate on the Electoral Act Amendment Bill.
Speaker Femi Gbajabiamiala had pleaded with colleagues to allow other aspects of the bill to be debated while the contentious section 5 was left out.
After the debate, Minority Leader Ndidi Elumelu stated the House could not be requested to retract the section judgement since it had not been ruled on.
In a show of defiance, he led PDP members off the House floor.
However, the House went on to enact the Electoral Act, leaving the mechanism of results transmission to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)