Trapped Passenger Burnt Alive In Imo.
Residents in most parts of the state observed the order, which halted the commercial activity. Schools were also closed, and students preparing for the NECO exam were unable to take their exams.
According to our source, the deceased was inside one of the three buses set on fire by a mob.
Two of the vehicles, Hummer Buses from the Libra transport company, were on their way from Umuahia, Abia State capital, when they came across a gang of hoodlums suspected to be IPOB members.
They allegedly shot at the tyres, forcing the bus to come to a halt.
The bus passengers scurried to safety, while one of the drivers was shot in the hip, according to reports.
The passengers were unable to flee before the bus caught fire.
Our correspondent also learned that heavy gunfire erupted near Banana junction on the Orlu-Owerri road, as gunmen engaged security agents in a shootout.
When our correspondent tried to contact CSP Mike Abattam, the Police Public Relations Officer, he did not pick up the phone.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)