Unknown Gunmen Abduct Former Jigawa lawmaker, kill one.
Hon. Haladu Bako Uza, a former member of the Jigawa State House of Assembly representing the Auyo constituency, was kidnapped by gunmen who also killed another person.
Ejes Gist learned the former lawmaker was kidnapped on the Kano-Hadejia road on Wednesday night.
He was abducted while travelling from Kano State to his hometown of Auyo.
In Jigawa, the secretary of the People’s Democratic Party was kidnapped.
From 2007 to 2015, the lawmaker represented Auyo constituency in the state assembly as a member of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP.
ASP Lawan Shiisu Adam, a police spokesman, confirmed the incident to our correspondent.
According to him, the incident occurred when a group of about five gunmen blocked Ringim-Gujungu town and robbed motorists. In the process, the hoodlums also shot one motorist, according to him.
After receiving distress calls, police officers rushed to the scene and discovered empty bullet shells, according to Adam. He went on to say that a patrol team had been dispatched to both rescues the victim and apprehend the criminals.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2021 For Graduates
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer