The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris kpotun has deployed additional 2000 Police Mobile Force, PMF, and Counter Terrorism Units, CTU, Personnel of the Force and the Sniffer Dog sections to the North East to fight Boko Haram insurgency, under the operation Lafiya Dole.
This new deployment was said to be consistent with Section 4 of the Police Act and Regulations which specifies the general duties of the Nigeria Police Force.
FPRO Jimoh Moshood in a statement said the deployment was made to support the strength of the military to defeat the dreaded insurgents.
Moshood added, “Before now, the Nigeria Police Force has on ground 47 PMF Units (63 X 47 = 2961) in Borno State in addition to the Police Mobile Force (PMF) Squadron in Borno State.
“26 Units (63 X 26 = 1638) on ground in Yobe State in addition to the Police Mobile Force (PMF) Squadron in Yobe State.
“18 Units (63 X 18 = 1134) on ground in Adamawa State in addition to the Police Mobile Force (PMF) Squadron in Adamawa State”.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited