Nigerian Economy Exits Recession
Nigeria’s economy exited recession in the fourth quarter of 2020, recording its first growth in three quarters as coronavirus-linked lockdown was lifted across the country, the National Bureau of Statistics said in a report Thursday.
READ ALSO : No be me start am – Nigerian lady defends herself after DNA test revealed that the man she tried pinning her baby on is not the father of the child (video)
The report said Gross Domestic Product (GDP) grew 0.11 per cent in the three months between October and December from a year earlier.
This economy slipped into recession in the third quarter with a decline of 3.6 per cent. The economy had earlier contracted 6.1 per cent in the second quarter, leading to a second recession in five years.
For the full year 2020, the economy contracted 1.92 per cent, better then the International Monetary Fund projection.
Meanwhile Nigeria’s rate is now 12.69%
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State