National Bureau of Statistics: Recession in Nigeria
Nigeria Economy has entered into Recession According to NBS
The sad news now is that the world’s most populous black nation, Nigeria has officially slid into its worst economic recession in over three decades.
According to a report on the gross domestic product numbers released by the National Bureau of Statistics on Saturday, the nation recorded a contraction of 3.62 percent in the third quarter of 2020.
This is the second consecutive quarterly GDP decline since the recession of 2016. The cumulative GDP for the first nine months of 2020, therefore, stood at -2.48 percent.
The last time Nigeria recorded such cumulative GDP was in 1987 when GDP declined by 10.8 percent.
According to World Bank and NBS figures monitored by Ejes Gist Media, this is also the second recession under President Muhamadu Buhari’s democratic reign — and his fourth as head of state.
More to follow…
Similar Search Terms
recession in Nigeria
recession in the Nigeria economy
recession in Nigeria pdf
recession in Nigeria causes
first recession in Nigeria
last recession in Nigeria
Nigeria Newspaper Today, Today’s Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]