The Senate on Thursday passed the revised 2020 budget of N10.8 trillion, the exact amount approved by the House of Representatives on Wednesday, The PUNCH reports.
The budget was passed at both the Senate plenary and at the Committee of Supplies following the consideration of the report of the Senator Barau Jibri-led Committee on Appropriation, The PUNCH reports.
The Senate increased the budget size of N10.5 trillion presented to it by the executive by about N300 billion.
The sum of N500 billion was passed in the budget as an intervention fund for COVID-19, while N186 billion was earmarked for the health sector.
The sum of N422 billion was for statutory transfers and N4.9trillion for recurrent expenditure.
Capital expenditure gulped N2.4 trillion while N2.9 trillion was earmarked for debt servicing.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2022
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022
- Landmark University Recruitment for Non Academic staff
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Asaba Specialist Hospital Massive Job Recruitment for Graduates and Non-Graduate