Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu
The Lagos State Government says the decision to reopen schools in the state will be taken in two weeks, The PUNCH reports.
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, said this during a televised press briefing on Thursday.
Sanwo-Olu said the decision would be taken after an extensive meeting with stakeholders in the education sector.
He said, “I know we are all eager to know the plans we have for the reopening of our learning institutions. There is still a lot more works to be done in this regard and we are looking at the educational sector very differently.
“However, we will continue to have our online learning at our seven higher institutions.
“On primary and secondary schools, we will be engaging with the Ministry of Education and Lagos State Safety Commission, and we will be coming out with a full and specific pronouncement in two weeks’ time.
“Once the protocols have been agreed with the stakeholders at the primary and secondary level, as to when and how, the schools will be reopening.”
He also gave permission to all manufacturing companies to operate between 7am and 6pm.
This is as the governor announced that as from June 19 mosques will reopen, while churches can reopen as from June 21.
Pay Attention To:
- Job Employment Opportunities at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Massive Recruitment at Tecnimont Nigeria Limited
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Recruitment 2021
- Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission Recruitment for Ad-hoc Staff ( KAD SIECOM Recruitment 2021 Portal ) Apply here
- Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development Internship Programme 2021
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Delta State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021 for Graduate