Photo: The Nation The Nation reports that home worth numerous countless naira were on Saturday ruined when a newly developed online radio station, Agidigbo Radio, apparently rose in flames at Monatan, location of Ibadan.The occurrence which drew hundreds of homeowners, likewise caused mix as people ran in anxiety of the fire spreading to other structures in the area.The radio station, situated at Montanan, Ibadan, was stated to have actually been under locks as well as secrets as of the moment of the incident.The proprietor of Agidigbo FM is Dr. Oriyomi Hamzat, a popular broadcaster in the city.The Director, Oyo State Fire Service, Moshood Adewuyi, said the fire station was alerted around 11am. According to him, the firemen were mobilised to the scene following a distress call by homeowners
of the community in the very early hours of Saturday.Adewuyi said,”It is true that the studio of the online radio station ignited this morning; the location was under locks and also keys on the arrival of our men. None of the employees of the radio station was about at the time of the break out.”You know, a studio is constantly cushioned with foam. That exacerbated the fire.”Asked of the level of damages at the radio station, he said,” We can not measure that. The transmitter; the workshop
devices; and workplace materials at the station were harmed by the snake pit. “The people around there informed us around 11am. One male was electrocuted. But, thank God, it was very little.
“What happened was that as soon as our men came to the scene, we routed our control room to advise the Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company to reduce power supply to the location.”Without getting supply from us, they restored power supply to the location. Bulk of the people were already wet, and also you recognize, water is a conductor of electrical energy. Yet give thanks to God there was no casualty.”