Few weeks after a former Taraba governor, Jolly Nyame, was jailed 14 years for fraud, the Federal Capital Territory High Court has found former Plateau State governor, Joshua Dariye, guilty of fraud.
Mr Dariye was charged for allegedly diverting about N1.2 billion while he served as governor of the North-central state.
He was brought to court on a 23-count charge for the alleged offence by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in 2007.
Although Mr Dariye’s lawyer, Kanu Agabi, questioned the authenticity of the evidence presented against his client, the court said the evidences clearly indicate a case of diversion.
The judge, Adebukola Banjoko, found him guilty of diverting funds to the Peoples Democratic Party in the state among other groups.
Mrs Banjoko who was still reading the judgement at the time of this report found Mr Dariye guilty of counts 1, 2, 4, and 7.
The counts relate to the diversion of N80 million to the PDP, N100 million to a company, Marine Flow and other sums through the All States Trust Bank.
The same judge jailed Mr Nyame.
Source : premium times
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria