The Federal Government has announced plan to disburse $322million fund repatriated from the accounts of former Head of State, late General Sani Abacha in Switzerland to Nigerians.
National Coordinator of the Open Government Partnership (OGP), Nigeria and Special Assistant to the President on Justice Reforms, Juliet Ibekaku-Nwagwu made the disclosure in a chat with journalists.
Ibekeaku-Nwagwu said under MoU with Switzerland, the money would be paid directly into the accounts of the poorest Nigerians through their various accounts for two years.
The aide stated that this would be done through identification numbers to be made available on the website being developed by the National Social Investment office and the World Bank.
She explained that the agencies working on the modalities would brief the public on June 28, adding that the process for the payment will be transparent for civil society and the media to monitor.
“The poorest members of the community will be registered online, and before you make any payment, they must have an ID number so that every payment would be tracked.
“No amount will be paid out without a joint signature between Nigeria and the World Bank and without identification of individuals.
“If there is anything we have achieved, it’s about getting Nigerian citizens to become conscious about what is happening with their money”, she said.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
- RECOMMENDED LINKS
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]