NECO Registrar Shot Dead By Unknown Gunmen .
Professor Godswill Obioma, the Registrar of the National Examination Council (NECO), was assassinated by unknown gunmen.
ALSO READ : Why Can’t I Login To My Npower Account – Keep Showing “Transaction Failed, Please Try Again Later” ( Npower Login Issues )
According to unsubstantiated reports, his assailants attacked Professor Godswill Obioma’s home on Monday night, strangling him in what his wife felt was an assassination.
On Tuesday morning, his wife, Elizabeth Obioma, told newsmen over the phone that the alleged assassins stole nothing after killing him.
“The assassins came in, killed him, and fled without taking anything,” she added.
Mrs Obioma, who was sobbing heavily, claimed her husband had just returned to Minna from a trip to Abuja when armed men lurking in his complex attacked him and strangled him.
A police spokeswoman did not immediately respond to a request for information on the situation.
Mr. Obioma has been battling attempts to oust him from his position as the head of NECO, the Nigerian government’s leading examination authority.
Mr. Obioma, 67, was named head of NECO on May 14, 2020, just over a year ago. He was from Abia, in the Igbo-dominated South-East area of Nigeria.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer