A Federal High Court sitting in Lagos on Thursday granted post-conviction bail to a former Abia State Commissioner for Finance Udeh Udeogu, who was convicted of N7.65billion fraud alongside former Governor Dr Orji Uzor Kalu.
On December 5, 2019, Justice Mohammad Idris sentenced Udeogu to 10 years imprisonment while Kalu bagged 12 years imprisonment.
But this afternoon, Justice Mohammed Liman granted bail to Udeogwu in the sum of N50million,on the grounds of ill health and chronic tuberculosis.
Tuberculosis, the judge said, is a dangerous disease which can easily affect the other inmates of the correctional facility.
Justice Liman said: “I’m of the opinion that this application has disclosed a reasonable cause of action that the defendant’s health has greatly deteriorated which can not be salvaged by the doctor in the correctional services centre.
“Accordingly this application is meritorious and succeeds.
“Bail is hereby granted to the applicant in the following terms: Applicant is granted N50million bail with two sureties in like sum,
“One of the Sureties must be a landed property owner within the jurisdiction.”
The judge also ordered that the bailiff of court must verify the authenticity of the title documents.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State